Proper nutrition, developing and maintaining a balanced diet, IS one of the most important factors in maintaining good health for your pet. Proper nutrients are necessary for every organ system in the body to function properly. Nutritional deficiencies as well as excesses are a major problem in veterinary medicine.
Did you know?
- Over 60% of the pets we see over the age of 3 are overweight.
- Maintaining a pet at their ideal body weight can improve life expectancy by up to 20%! This means a 10 year old dog could live an extra 2 years!
- Most skin problems have a nutritional component.
- Pets can become hypersensitive to food with some by-products or chemical additives.
- Many gastrointestinal disturbances can be linked to inappropriate diets.
- The nutritional needs of cats are very different from dogs.
When we examine your pet we will evaluate their nutritional status and make specific recommendations regarding proper nutrition for your pet.
We will take in to consideration your pet's age, weight, activity level, and existence of any special medical conditions.